BMW Zentrum Guidelines.
- Vehicle exhibits will be on display. For the protection of all guests, vehicle doors will remain locked.
- The BMW Boutique will be open.
- Groups (in the same family) no larger than 10 are allowed.
- Social Distancing and limited guest capacity will be enforced.
- All visitors, as well as BMW Zentrum staff, will be required to wear face coverings while in the facility. Complimentary face masks will be provided for those that don’t have one upon arrival.
- If you are immune-compromised or have other medical conditions that prevent you from wearing a mask, please visit us at a time in the future when masks are not required.
- The Isetta Café remains closed until further notice.
- Public events and museum rentals remain unavailable until further notice.
Limited Tours Available.
As part of the plant tour phase one reopening, guests can once again get an exciting glimpse into what it takes to build the "Ultimate Driving Machine". Click on the "Book Plant Tour" button for additional information.
The Zentrum Museum.
Visit this one-of-a-kind building and experience the past, present and future of BMW in the only BMW museum in North America. Your senses will come alive as you feel the power of the BMW brand firsthand, from its beginnings in aviation and motorsports to its rise to prominence on the global stage. Take a self-guided trip through the museum to experience BMW exhibits that both astonish and inspire.
Here you will see BMW’s numerous milestones in both racing and touring vehicles. View rare and important vehicles from BMW’s past, such as the famous Isetta “Bubblecar”. As you stroll through the Zentrum, you’ll trace BMW’s pioneering spirit straight back to these beautifully restored classics. You can also explore what’s current in BMW, with exhibits that feature state-of-the-art technologies, including rarely seen models available through our exclusive collection.
See the X family of vehicles produced at BMW Manufacturing up close — every line, every curve, every exhilarating detail of these truly remarkable BMWs—all built next door, at the South Carolina manufacturing plant.
The Zentrum is a living museum, a combination of innovation and performance. At the Zentrum there is truly something for everyone, it is here that the “Ultimate Driving Machine” offers the ultimate backstage pass.
At no cost to you or your family, plan a visit to the Zentrum museum. Zentrum museum hours are Monday through Friday, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
2021 Zentrum and Plant Closings.
- 1/1 New Year's Day
- 1/4 Closed
- 1/18 Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- 4/2 Good Friday
- 5/31 Memorial Day
- 7/5 Independence Day
- 9/6 Labor Day
- 11/25-26 Thanksgiving Holiday
- 12/24-12/31 Christmas Holiday
Guided Factory Tour.
BMW Manufacturing is the global producer of competence for BMW X models and produces the X3, X3 M, X5, X5 M and X7 Sports Activity Vehicles and X4, X4 M, X6 and X6 M Sports Activity Coupes. This South Carolina factory is where advanced manufacturing happens, blending innovative engineering and premium quality. See for yourself how the Ultimate Driving Machine is built during a guided plant tour.
Important Factory Tour Information.
Yes, there is a cost for the tour. The 1 hour tour fee is $10 for adults, $5 for students and BMW Car Club members (must have CCA card in hand to qualify for discount).
The 2 hour tour fee is $20 for adults, $15 for students and BMW Car Club members (must have CCA card in hand to qualify for discount).
Prepayment is required for groups of 10 or more and cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance for refunds.
- Advanced reservations are required. Guests 18 and older, must present a picture ID upon arrival for scheduled tour.
- Tour participants must be 12 years of age or older.
- Completely enclosed shoes are required to tour our facility. No flip flops, high heels, open toe, open side, or open heel shoes are permitted. You will NOT be permitted on the tour if your shoes do not meet the guidelines. No Exceptions.
- Cameras and camera phones are not permitted. Cell phones must be turned off during the tour. Please leave personal belongings locked in your vehicle.
- Tour participants will walk a distance of 1 to 2 miles depending on the tour route scheduled (either the 1 hour or 2 hour tour).
- BMW reserves the right to cancel tours at any time.
Plan an Event.
The Zentrum is more than just a museum. It’s a meeting and events center, a cafe, a gallery and a BMW ultimate experience. Whether you’re planning a gathering for your entire sales force, a nationwide conference or an intimate fundraising dinner for a select few, the Zentrum offers you a setting as distinctive as the vehicles BMW manufactures.
Facility rental includes the entire Zentrum museum, which offers:
- An auditorium (seats 200)
- Use of the Isetta Café
- Expansive exhibit space
- Guided plant tours (when available)
If you’re looking for the latest BMW gear, the Zentrum is the ultimate destination. The BMW Boutique is complete with everything you need to take on the open road in style. Pick up fashionable BMW clothing or check out the latest motoring accessories for your home or office. When it comes to finding the right gift for the automotive enthusiast, the Zentrum gift shop is the only place you need to go.