BMW Charity Pro-Am Announces 2021 Celebrity Lineup.
Tournament to welcome professional athletes, actors and musicians to the Upstate.
Greenville, S.C. The BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation today announced the celebrities participating in this year’s tournament taking place June 10-13 at Thornblade Club and The Cliffs Valley, which will mark the Pro-Am’s 20th year of tournament play.
New celebrities to the event this year include:
- Professional Boxer Canelo Álvarez
- Comedian Cedric the Entertainer
- Former MLB Pitcher Roger Clemens
- Former MLB Outfielder Ken Griffey Jr.
- PGA TOUR Radio Personality Brian Katrek
- World Long Drive Competitor Troy Mullins
- Rock Singer Jason Scheff (Chicago)
- Golf Channel Personality Lauren Thompson
- Former MLB Pitcher David Wells
- Professional NHL Defenseman James Wisniewski
Returning celebrities include:
- Actor Anthony Anderson (Black-ish)
- Actor Brian Baumgartner (“Kevin” - The Office)
- Comedian Larry the Cable Guy
- ESPN Golf Analyst Michael Collins
- Country Pop Musician Jay DeMarcus (Rascal Flatts)
- Olympic Curler and Gold Medalist Matt Hamilton
- Sports Radio and Television Personality Ann Liguori
- Actor Michael Peña
- Country Pop Musician Joe Don Rooney (Rascal Flatts)
- Actor Shep Rose (Southern Charm)
- Former NFL Wide Receiver and NFL Network Analyst Sterling Sharpe
- MLB Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith
“We are thrilled to welcome this exceptional lineup of professional athletes, actors, musicians and sports commentators to the Upstate for the 2021 tournament,” said Bob Nitto, president of South Carolina Charities, Inc. “Along with some of our crowd favorites returning, we are pleased to have new celebrities including Cedric the Entertainer, former MLB pitcher Roger Clemens, former MLB outfielder Ken Griffey Jr. and professional boxer Canelo Álvarez. This roster of celebrities will create an exciting atmosphere as we come together to give back to the Upstate.”
Funds raised during the 2021 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation will benefit six featured charities: Mobile Meals of Spartanburg, Roper Mountain Science Center, Cliffs Residents Outreach, Cancer Society of Greenville County, Meyer Center for Special Children and Gibbs Cancer Center and Research Institute.
Ticket sales and volunteer registration are currently open to the public. Due to capacity restrictions and COVID-19 protocols, all tickets must be purchased prior to attending this year’s tournament. Tickets are available for digital purchase with contactless delivery. Cash and walk-up purchases will not be accepted. To purchase tickets, visit BMWCharityGolf.com.
ABOUT THE BMW CHARITY PRO-AM PRESENTED BY SYNNEX CORPORATION
South Carolina Charities, Inc. (SCCI), the non-profit foundation of the BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation, was created in order to showcase the beauty of Upstate South Carolina and the hospitality of its citizens to the world; to create an event that brings the Upstate a fun and entertaining week centered around professional athletes and world renowned celebrities; and raise money and awareness for South Carolina charities. Since 2001, the tournament has distributed $13.7 million to numerous Upstate SC non-profit organizations, part of the PGA TOUR’s $3 billion raised for charity.