BMW Charity Pro-Am Announces 2022 Celebrity Lineup, Schedule of Events.
Tournament to welcome professional athletes, actors, golf influencers, and musicians to the upstate in addition to hosting new special events on and off the course.
Greenville, S.C. The BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by TD SYNNEX today announced the celebrities participating in this year’s tournament taking place June 9-12 at Thornblade Club in Greer and The Carolina Country Club in Spartanburg.
New celebrities to the event this year include:
• LPGA Hall of Fame Golfer Amy Alcott
• Country Music Artist George Birge
• Gold Rated BMW Motorsport Works Driver Connor De Phillippi
• Golf Channel Contributor and Podcast Host Will Lowery
• Golf Social Media Influencers Kat and Isabelle Shee (“Shee Sisters”)
Returning celebrities include:
• Television Actor Anthony Anderson (Black-ish)
• Television Actor Brian Baumgartner (“Kevin” - The Office)
• Television Actor Andy Buckley (“David” – The Office)
• Comedian Larry the Cable Guy
• Professional Boxer Canelo Álvarez
• ESPN Golf Analyst Michael Collins
• Country Pop Musician Jay DeMarcus (Rascal Flatts)
• Former MLB Outfielder Ken Griffey, Jr.
• Olympic Curler and Gold Medalist Matt Hamilton
• PGA TOUR Radio Personality Brian Katrek
• Sports Radio and Television Personality Ann Liguori
• World Long Drive Competitor Troy Mullins
• Former NFL Wide Receiver and NFL Network Analyst Sterling Sharpe
• MLB Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith
• Golf Channel Personality Lauren Thompson
• Former MLB Pitcher David Wells
• Emmy Award-Winning Director and Actor Justin Wheelon
• Professional NHL Defenseman James Wisniewski
“We look forward to welcoming this exceptional lineup of celebrities to the upstate for the 2022 BMW Charity Pro-Am,” said Bob Nitto, president of South Carolina Charities, Inc. “In addition to returning crowd favorites, we are excited to have LPGA Hall of Famer Amy Alcott, country music artist George Birge, and professional racing driver Connor De Phillippi joining us. Newcomers Will Lowery and the Shee Sisters will also help create a fun and engaging atmosphere for fans.”
This year, tournament spectators will notice increased sustainability efforts and educational opportunities through the tournament’s “Fore the Love of the Green” program, which has the goal of producing the only zero waste and carbon-neutral professional golf tournament on the PGA TOUR. Sustainability booths will be set up during the tournament to educate spectators through hands-on activities while sharing information on how they can reduce their own carbon/ecological footprint at home and in the community.
Spectators can also participate in a new Sustainability Scavenger Hunt to increase their sustainability knowledge and become eligible for prizes such as golf clubs, golf outings, and other great items. Additionally, spectators will have support from the BMW Charity Pro-Am Green Team, organized by Friends of the Reedy River, through onsite educational ambassadors to ensure proper disposal of waste.
In addition to its sustainability program and as part of its Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts, the BMW Charity Pro-Am will add onsite signage in Spanish as well as an area of its website dedicated to Spanish-speaking spectators. These efforts are made possible in partnership with the Hispanic Alliance, which unites the largest network of agencies and individuals working collaboratively to advance Hispanic communities across the upstate.
Special events taking place leading up to and during tournament week include the following:
• Saturday, April 30th from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. - A tree giveaway in celebration of Arbor Day sponsored by Milliken, IAC Group, and Rabble Wine Co. in partnership with TreesUpstate at 920 Milliken Road in Spartanburg. This event will help the BMW Charity Pro-Am in achieving its goal of becoming a carbon neutral event. The event is open to the public and trees can be reserved here on a first come, first served basis.
• Friday, June 3rd at 6:30 p.m. – Pure Barre FORE K hosted by the BMW Charity Pro-Am at The Carolina Country Club.
• Saturday, June 4th: 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. - E-Waste Recycling Day presented by MOA Architecture. This will be the BMW Charity Pro-Am’s second event of the year for the community to dispose of unwanted electronics. 6:30 p.m. – Monkee’s of the West End FORE K hosted by the BMW Charity Pro-Am at Thornblade Club.
• Monday, June 6th from 4:00 until 7:00 p.m. – Junior Golf Clinic presented by First Tee – Upstate South Carolina at The Carolina Country Club driving range.
• Tuesday, June 7th: 4:00 p.m. Junior Golf Clinic presented by Pacolet Milliken and the South Carolina Junior Golf Association at the Thornblade Club driving range. 7:30 p.m. – Spartanburg Evening Event: A Night with The Marshall Tucker Band presented by The Johnson Group.
• Wednesday, June 8th: 10:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. - Amy Alcott and Friends Women’s Golf Clinic and Luncheon at The Carolina Country Club. Sponsorships are available for this special event. 2:00 until 5:00 p.m. - Upstate Warrior Solution Folds of Honor Palmetto State Chapter “Big Break Warrior” Competition at Top Golf Greenville . 4:00 p.m. - Spanish Speaking Junior Golf Clinic at The Carolina Country Club driving range.
• Thursday, June 9th from 7:30 until 10:30 p.m. - Thursday Night Shootout with live music and entertainment at 3’s Greenville Golf & Grill.
• Friday, June 10th: 12:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m. – Sustainability Luncheon presented by Furman University and The Shi Institute for Sustainable Communities at the Marriott on the Parkway. Sponsorships and individual tickets are available. 8:00 p.m. – Friday Night Concert presented by MAGNA featuring Generation Radio: Deen Castronovo (Journey), Jay DeMarcus (Rascal Flatts), and Jason Scheff (Chicago) at Camperdown Plaza in Greenville.
A limited number of VIP ticket experiences and sponsorship opportunities are available for purchase for the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evening events. Please visit www.bmwcharitygolf.com or contact the tournament office to reserve tickets or inquire about sponsorships.
Funds raised during the 2022 BMW Charity Pro-Am will benefit five featured charities: Mobile Meals of Spartanburg, Roper Mountain Science Center, Cancer Society of Greenville County, Meyer Center for Special Children and Gibbs Cancer Center and Research Institute. The community is invited to take part in the tournament’s annual Birdies for Charity program, which will continue to raise dollars by enabling individual donors to make a one-time flat donation or pledge one cent or more per birdie during the tournament.
The BMW Charity Pro-Am also encourages volunteers to sign up now to take part in the 2022 tournament. To learn more about this year’s volunteer opportunities, which are made possible by Pelham Medical Center, visit here or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more or to purchase tickets to the 2022 tournament, visit BMWCharityGolf.com.
ABOUT THE BMW CHARITY PRO-AM PRESENTED BY TD SYNNEX
South Carolina Charities, Inc. (SCCI), the non-profit foundation of the BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by TD SYNNEX, was created in order to showcase the beauty of Upstate South Carolina and hospitality of its citizens to the world; to create an event that brings the upstate a fun and entertaining week centered around professional athletes and world-renowned celebrities; and raise money and awareness for South Carolina charities. Since 2001, the tournament has distributed more than $14.3 million to numerous Upstate SC non-profit organizations, part of the PGA TOUR’s $3 billion plus raised for charity.