BMW Manufacturing, SC Works to Host Recruitment Event.
Applicants must first be registered at SCWORKS.org. SC Works will screen applicants to determine eligibility.
Spartanburg, S.C. BMW Manufacturing and SC Works will host a recruitment event for equipment service associates (ESA) on Tuesday, February 6, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., at the SC Works office located at 225 S. Pleasantburg Drive in Greenville.
To attend the recruitment event, applicants must first be registered at SCWORKS.org. SC Works will screen applicants to determine eligibility. If eligible, applicants will receive an invitation to attend the Feb. 6 event, during which they will complete a computer-based technical knowledge assessment. Results of the assessment will be provided onsite. If successful, the candidate will be scheduled to take a hands-on electrical troubleshooting proficiency test at a later date.
ESAs are responsible for overseeing equipment modifications for process changes, new models and expansions. They troubleshoot, maintain, repair and modify automotive manufacturing and test equipment to improve systems uptime and reliability. ESAs also maintain and update all process documentation.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following education and experience requirements:
- Associate’s degree in a technical manufacturing discipline and two years of automation/PLC controls experience with industrial maintenance, mechanical, electronic systems and PC controls
- High school diploma/GED and two years technical maintenance experience, plus two years of automation/PLC controls experience with industrial maintenance, mechanical, electronic systems and PC controls
Candidates must also have experience in some or all of the following:
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of closed-loop servo systems
- Design, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of sequential processes
- Working with high level programming languages
- Interfacing controls, processes and feedback devices
- Human/machine interface devices and associated software
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of AC variable frequency drives
Additionally, at least three years of hands-on experience in the following areas is highly desirable:
- Three-phase power
- Pneumatic controls
- Siemens PLC S7
Successful candidates are flexible, able to adjust to changes quickly and willing to work overtime and holidays as needed. This is a night shift position. Relocation assistance is available.
To learn more, visit scworks.org.