Page Overview: Sustainability

Sustainability

Plant San Luis Potosi aerial view

The BMW Group Plant in San Luis Potosi is one of the most resource-efficient production facilities. Currently the use of renewable sources can guarantee that the energy supply is completely free of CO2.

BMW Group's San Louis Potosi plant has the first wastewater-free paint shop. All water is recycled and reused. Due to these resource-saving production processes, the plant has the lowest water consumption per auto produced in the bmw group production network.

Sustainable actions that could be mentioned are:

  • BMW Group San Luis Plant aims to become the most sustainable in the network of global production of the BMW Group in 2030
  • 100% CO2-free electrical energy through solar panels that generate 13%, while that the remaining 87% is supplied by a external solar park
  • Water treatment plant for reuse efficiently the resource in the systems of irrigation and toilets
  • 100% paper-free assembly process using radio frequency technology
  • Hot air recovery system from the painting ovens saving 200 m3 of gas natural per month
  • 100% LED lighting in all buildings
  • Dry paint separation system avoiding the use of water
BMW Group Plant in San Luis Potosi

Care4Water

Together with Waves for Water, BMW Group Mexico seeks to provide the surrounding community of San Luis Potosi with clean water as it is the basis for better health and a driver for a positive development for the society.

The company along with Waves for Water will provide three communities near the plant with filters to purify their drinking water.

The filters remove 99.99% of bacteria and cysts that cause waterborne diseases. In total 670 filters will be given to Puente de Tierra, Alamitosde Bledos, Presa El Organito and Tanque El Chayote.

This activity will reduce the economic impact caused by illnesses and the time consuming processes of acquiring potable water.