BMW Group Manufacturing Thailand celebrated 100,000-units production milestone.
Start of production of the 3rd generation of BMW X3
Production of BMW iPerformance (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) models - BMW X5 xDrive40e, BMW 740Le xDrive, BMW 530e, and BMW 330e.
• 80,000 hand-crafted BMW's proudly built in the Kingdom of Thailand.
• Nearly doubled the entire investment since the start of production.
• Tripled the number of people employed at the factory.
• Doubled the number of models produced in Thailand.
• Dramatically increased our local content with investment in local high tech, engine assembly.
• Started exporting both cars and motor cycle comprising approximately 60% of production volume.
• Invested in vocational training facility and education program.
• Opened a global purchasing division.
BMW Group Manufacturing Thailand celebrated 15th Anniversary.
• Over Billion Baht Additional Investment
• BMW Motorrad Export from Plant Rayong to China to begin
• Thailand is the first and only country in the world to produce all 3 brands - BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad
First BMW 3 Series GT built in Thailand (F34)
First BMW X5 built in Thailand (F15)
First BMW Motorrad local assembly BMW F 800 R & BMW F 800 GS
Celebrating 50,000 BMW and MINI proudly built in the Kingdom of Thailand
First BMW 1 Series Built in Thailand (F20)
First MINI Countryman built in Southeast Asia & MINI open house event
First BMW X1 Built in Thailand (E84)